The Wit & Wisdom of Martin VanBuren

Numerically, the 8th President. Objectively, the best ruler in the history of man.

June 17, 2004

On South Carolina

Since he isn't a whore, he must be horse shit.When I was serving as Secretary of State under the consumate American Statesman, President Andrew Jackson I once remarked to the intolerable Vice-President John C. Calhoun that, "The only things I know to have come from South Carolina are horse shit and whores."


Like a fish to a worm on a hook Mr. Calhoun lashed out with, "Sir I am from South Carolina and I take great offense from your insolent tone."



Said I, "Yes, I know. And I've always thought you to be a bit of a prude."


For a moment the room sat in stunned silence until the President burst forth in volumous laughter, which was quite dangerous since Jackson had a tendancy to shat himself when over come by fits of jollity and mirth.

Word is bond.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY GRAMBO I AM A REALLY LIKING THIS NEW SIGHT. IT IS REFRESHING LIKE THE FRESH SPRINGS OF THIS UPPER PENINSULA!

-TOO MUCH ROOTBEER

4:38 PM  
Blogger Ia Iowa House Cleaning said...

Prodigious blog. Loved it so much I went to it
again! Just go online and search for blogs that are
worth the value as yours.
Please take a journey to my ne nebraska house cleaning blog.

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home