The Wit & Wisdom of Martin VanBuren

Numerically, the 8th President. Objectively, the best ruler in the history of man.

August 26, 2004

It's all about me baby, me

As I've often said, the electrophonic confines of my computational limbo can be a little dull. It often feels like I refresh Gawker and whatevs like a thousand time a day just to see if they've got any new buzz. They only thing worse is googling one's self all day to see if there is anything you don't know about yourself or that you don't know other people know.


But being in the unique position of being a statesmen of some renowned, I thought today, "hey, I could eBay myself."


There was all sorts of crap up there, campaign items, engravings, etc. It's a little disappointing that the first edition of my political biography is only going for $9.99, of course it was written before I was President and is hence a little incomplete.


But hold your horses, what's that... one of my letter's is worth $4,500! That's a nice piece of coin for a stupid letter, hell my emails must be worth at least a couple hundred don't you think? I mean they aren't as rare as photos of TMFTML, but they're not in wide circulation either.


Oh, I guess someone's already thought of that!


How enterprising that Gorilla would put our correspondence up for sale! That young man is going places.


I tell you what's some bull shit though, James K Polk's signature is worth $12,000! $7500 more than mine, for the Mexican fighting Polk? That's such crap.



California, knows how to party

10 Comments:

Blogger H G Wells said...

I felt much the same way upon discovering the high ticket Jules Verne items out there!

That pansy isn't worth 50 cnets, let alone $50k.

I feel your pain, bro.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will the time come when your greatness is immortalized on a coin? Or on a treasury bill?

4:31 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:32 AM  
Blogger My-Juno said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Ne Nebraska House Cleaning said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
I was in love with your ms mississippi house cleaning blog site.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Iza Firewall said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home