The Wit & Wisdom of Martin VanBuren

Numerically, the 8th President. Objectively, the best ruler in the history of man.

January 18, 2005

Where's my day?

ED: Note, I'd like to welcome my contemporary, and Civil Rights Leader Frederick Douglass as guest blogger.

This is me Freddy DI'd like to thank my homeboy, and contemporary abolitionist MVB for giving me this forum to express my displeasure with yesterday's observance of Martin Luther King jr. Day.


Certainly, like MYSELF, Dr. King was a galvanizing leader in our nation's long struggle with race and civil rights.


And I'm not suggesting Dr. King doesn't deserve a holiday, after all he was instrumental in the changes of the 1960's, including the voting rights act of 1964.


On the other hand my work helped bring about the Civil War and the abolition of slavery... you know, I'm not trying to brag or anything, but before me, black people were slaves.


Pre-Freddy D, slaves.


Post-Freddy D, no slaves.


A stark contrast worthy of a national observance in my humble eyes.


I would even settle for a national Civil Rights observance that honored all civil rights heroes at once, much in the fashion of Presidents Day (Ed note: only a few shoping days left!!)


Don't piss off H. Tubs, she is one hard ladyI haven't had the chance to speak with Mr. X or W.E.B., but I know my girl Harriet Tubman is on board.


The other day she was all like, "I realize the guy was murdered, but I was on the underground railroad. Honkies shot at me like, every god damn day, I never got hit, but for real, I think I deserve some props."


And for those of you thinking to yourself, "what about national black history month?"


DON'T GET ME MUTHA EFFIN' STARTED!!!!


There's only 28 days in February and it's cold as balls -- it's just a whole other line of cracker bull shit.


Just another black man caught in the mix
trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FD has updated the spelling of his name, I see.

2:20 PM  
Blogger C. Frigglesworth said...

I hear ya, Freddy D. It's nice that MLK Day exists and it's increasingly becoming a holiday for businesses and government, but I think the nation would be better served by having it on a Wednesday. It's the middle of the week, everyone stops what they're doing and pauses to reflect on our nation's great struggle.

But no, instead, The Man puts it on a Monday, so white people can take an extended ski-weekend.
"Hey, Muffy, how was your MLK Day?"
"Oh, wonderful, Biff. Dolores and I went to Aspen! Ah-hahahaha! It was swell! Thank our WASPy God there weren't any black people there!"

12:31 PM  
Blogger Jackson said...

You know, I laugh out loud reading blogs maybe once, twice a week. This was the best laugh I've had in months. Why? Because it's all fucking true.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Fl Florida House Cleaning said...

Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
seat and I kept going back to again and again!
Please examine my ct connecticut house cleaning blog as soon as you can.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/john-mayer.html#1]john mayer[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/carrie-underwood.html#2]carrie underwood[/url]
[url=http://ericbachmann.portmerch.com/stores/schemes/dingbats/color/images/robin-thicke.html#3]robin thicke[/url]
john mayer
carrie underwood
robin thicke

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home